Happiness is feeding birds. Keep calm and feed the birds. When life gives you crumbs, feed the birds. If you love garden birds you will definitely invest in top bird feeder poles.
Show the birds some love with top bird feeder poles. These will bring the wonders of nature right at your window. They will refine and invigorate your garden. The best poles effortlessly blend with the surroundings. They are strong, durable, elegant, functional, and easy to assemble.
11. Gray Bunny Heavy Duty Deck Hook for Bird Feeders
Feed the birds not the squirrels with the Gray Bunny heavy duty deck hook. Gray Bunny is a respected brand known for offering premium products for your garden and lawn. Designed by the brightest minds, this hook utilizes expert manufacturing methodologies and the highest quality materials. It is made of premium, rust-resistant steel.
• Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
• An adjustable base clamp that can accommodate railings of up to 2 inches thick
• 37-inch pole
• 2-inch non-slip clamp
• 360-degree swivel
• Rust resistant
It costs around $20.
• A smart and efficient design that allows you to position your planter or feeder away from your deck to enjoy more space and avoid a cluttered feel.
• The 37-inch long pole makes it difficult for squirrels to reach the bird seeds
• Easy refill by loosening the swivel
• Dual hand swivels. This allows you to effortlessly adjust the angle and height of the hook
• No tools necessary to assemble this hook
• The curved tip securely holds items
• It significantly reduces the mess factor but might not fully solve the mess issue
22. Ashman Black Shepherd Hook for Hanging Bird Feeders – 65 Inch
Dexterous, sensual and rustic; The Ashman Black Shepherd Hook will bring a wondrous subtlety to your garden. It will refine and invigorate your garden with beauty reminiscent of Victorian grace. The eloquent finish and luscious dark tint provide the perfect premise for enhancing anything hanging from the hook.
Ashman Shepherd hooks have an outstanding shine. They will look stunning in any garden landscape. These top bird feeder poles are guaranteed to last for many seasons. You can easily carry them and move them around your garden.
Add beauty to your outdoor living space with Ashman Shepherd hooks. They are not just elegant, they are also functional.
• Pristine quality metal
• 12 mm diameter pole
• Black in color
• Supports light to medium loads.
It costs around $24.
• This hook provides the sturdiness and stability that can easily withstand strong winds.
• Has a wondrous ability to easily blend with backdrops and surroundings.
• Provides a breathtaking visual effect.
• Multifaceted hooks- There are endless uses of these hooks. Only your imagination can limit you.
• A genuine work of art.
• Surpasses industry standards.
• Built to last.
• Finest in steel quality mold and strength
• Ashman offers a lifetime guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you will receive a full refund.
• Cannot support heavy loads.
33. Achla Designs Shepherd Hook
Do you love garden birds? Attract birds to your garden with a feeder hanging on the Achla Designs shepherd hook. What a happiness watching birds enjoying the breakfast you prepared for them.
You will never go wrong with Achla Designs shepherd hook. It is exactly what you need in your garden. It has a super quality steel construction that is 30% thicker than the competition. The stunning appearance will add elegance to your garden.
• Comes in three different configurations: single, double, or offset hooks.
• 3-pronged base and center wedge for additional stability
• Weighs 4 pounds
• ¾ inches pipe stock stronger than standard 3/8 inches and ½ inches poles in the market.
• Comes with a bird saver ring
• Comes apart to fit in a standard vehicle
• Pole is 91 inches high and prongs 24 inches wide
It costs around $43.
• Field tested and found to be stronger with less deflection
• Quality and thick metal
• Rust Resistant- It is crafted with a durable powder coating to prevent rust.
• Wind resistant- It can withstand the strongest winds
• Heavy duty
• Easy to install- Comes in one-piece metal. No assembly is needed. Can be carried around easily.
• Packed super well to make it through shipping
• You might need to buy a squirrel resistant cone attachment to stop squirrels.
• For indoor use, you need to drill a hole on the floor.
44. Thick Humming Bird Feeder Pole – Set of 2
This exquisite hummingbird feeder pole will embellish your deck and garden with grace and splendor. This versatile deck hook is made of sturdy steel for great results in any situation. It is dependable in any situation.
The perfect wedding decoration; the use of these shepherd hooks with a mason jar or kiss flower ball will soften up walkways and aisles for a wedding. By hanging lanterns on these shepherd hooks you will bring gorgeous lighting to the pathways in your garden.
This shepherd hook holds heavy stuff. It is sturdy enough to hold your wet flower planter or heavy bird feeder without being bent or broken.
• Made of heavy-duty stainless steel.
• Black in color
• ½ inch thick diameter solid metal
• Weighs 9.5 pounds
It costs around $34.
• The strongest and thickest shepherd hooks available in the market. Much thicker than other brands.
• Comes ready to use. Simply stake it in the ground with your foot and you are ready to go.
• Stylish and beautiful
• Multi-purpose hooks
• Durable and high
• Guarantee – If you bend the hook during normal usage, you will receive a replacement or refund.
• Cannot be used indoors.
55. Ashman Black Shepherd Hook – 92 Inch
At 92 inches high and 12 inches wide, the Ashman Black Shepherd Hook provides the stability and sturdiness for holding the heaviest feeders. You will love the elegant and captivating form of this hook. It has a spellbinding effect. This genuine work of art will turn your garden into a masterpiece.
• Vintage look with black finish
• 92 X 11 X 0.5 inches
• Weighs 9.2 pounds
• 15 mm thick
It costs around $34
• 30% thicker than other brands
• Does not blow off or slip even in strong wind
• Astonishingly easy maintenance
• Extremely sturdy
• Perfect for young and old
• No tricky assembly is required
• You can leave it in your garden whenever it rains or snows. It will not rust.
• Has dynamic uses
• If the ground is loose, the pole may tip over. Has to be installed on firm ground.
• Cannot handle very heavy feeders such as a 20-pound feeder. However, it can handle most feeders.
66. Ashman Black Double Span Deck Hook – Made of Premium Metal
Majestic quality, exquisite vintage design, and immaculate construction; these are the words that perfectly describe the Ashman Black Double Span Deck Hook. It has been intricately designed to enhance the appearance of your deck and garden. Versatility and grace exude from this hook. It is among the top bird feeder poles available in the market.
• 46 inches high
• 16 inches wide
• Strong enough to hold weights of 15 pounds on each side.
• Double forged adjustable clamp
• Premium quality stainless steel
It costs around $25.
• Immaculate construction
• Unrivaled durability
• Has endless applications
• Weather-resistant powder-coated finish
• Constructed of pristine quality steel
• Dependable in any weather condition
• Only available in one color
• The clamp cannot be removed
77. Erva 5 Piece Feeder Pole Set with Twist-in Ground Socket
Do you want the perfect birthday gift, Christmas gift, Mother’s Day gift, or Father’s Day gift for the bird enthusiast? Look no further than Erva 5 piece feeder pole set. This will do the job. It will be received with a warm heart.
• 1 Straight Pole (28″)
• 1 Mounting flange (3-3/4″ x 5-5/8″)
• 2 Swaged Poles (28″)
• 1 Twist-In Ground Socket (sinks 20″ in the ground)
• Hardware aids
It costs around $59.
• The unique design of this unit facilitates versatility.
• Crafted from steel- It will withstand use for many seasons.
• Made in the US.
• The powder-coated black finish gives it a classic look.
• The long auger with a corkscrew base offers sturdy support.
• Has durable tubular sections
• Screws into the ground for plenty of stability
• 30-Day money-back guarantee
• Perfect for heavy feeders
• Great pole to support multiple bird feeders.
• Assembly is required. However, the installation process requires less time and effort.
88. Shepherd Hook Hummingbird Bird Feeder Pole – 92 in
Enhance your gardens and your pathways with one of the top bird feeder poles. Use these poles to hang feeders, plant baskets, and lanterns. You can use it in an outdoor wedding aisle, in your garden, or even inside your house. It is many things in one. You will love the versatility of this amazing product.
• 92 inches tall
• 3/5 inch thick
• Black in color
• Sturdy steel construction
• Weighs 8.9 pounds
• Product dimensions: 92 x 10 x 0.6 inches
It costs around $34.
• Highly recommended on Amazon and other online marketplaces.
• No installation is required. You just stick it in the ground.
• Tall and sturdy to hang birdhouses and feeders. It is about 6 feet tall once on the ground.
• Provides a great view for bird watching.
• Zero yard damage.
• You will still need to use an anti-squirrel device to keep squirrels away from the feeder.
99. Home-X Multi-Hook Bird Feeder Pole
Feed and watch wild birds from the comfort of your home with this bird feeding pole. Home-X bird feeder pole is a great gift idea for nature lovers, parents, and children. It creates a wonderful feeling of joy that comes with feeding animals.
Home-X delivers an innovative and high-quality solution for bird feeding. It is a registered trademark of Simply Home Solutions.
• Adjustable branches and height.
• Each branch measures about 17 inches long.
• Deck mounted
• Each branch has 2 delicate leaves
• Weighs 3.1 pounds.
• Package dimensions: 21.5 x 5 x 3 inches.
It costs around $31.
• The 2 adjustable branches make it possible to attract a wide variety of birds by offering a diverse array of bird food at different heights and types of feeders.
• Hangs multiple feeders for easy viewing and enjoyment.
• Made of durable, sturdy, and weather resistant steel.
• Easy to assemble, no tools required.
• Creates a wonderful bird feeding experience.
• Multiple uses
• For it to work with metal round railing, you will need to modify the bracket.
• It has not been designed to be pushed down in the dirt. It has been designed to be clamped.
1010. Kettle Moraine Squirrel Proof 2 Arm Bird Feeder Pole Set
The birds will love this and the squirrels will hate it. This squirrel-proof bird feeder pole set is exactly what you need so that to keep the birds happy. The raccoons, the skunks, the deers, the squirrels, and other animals will try to get to the feeder and they will fail.
• Weighs 14.3 pounds
• Package dimensions: 30 x 10.2 x 8 inches
• When fully assembled it will stand 85 inches above the ground
• 2 arm hanger with a reach of 12 inches from the pole.
It costs around $115.
• Attractive design and strong.
• Has a baffle that prevents squirrels from destroying your feeders.
• Can hold heavy feeders.
• Easy to assemble
• Easy to install
• Some assembly is required.
If you are a bird enthusiast, a bird feeder pole will be a useful addition in your property. It will not only serve functional purposes but will also enhance the elegance of your garden.
Bird Feeder Pole Selection Tips
1. Build Quality
As with any product, you want your bird feeder pole to have good performance and durability. The materials and the build quality are the biggest indicators so pay attention to those. If you can see your options up-close, then hold them in your hands to feel whether they seem sturdy or not. If you are buying online, then see what others have to say in their reviews. The best ones are made of tough metal so they don’t bend or break easily. These can easily last for many years. Others may be made of plastic or wood but still have metal reinforcements.
2. Weather Resistance
Since the poles will be placed outdoors, you will have to consider the weather in your area. Purchase something that can handle the worst things that nature can throw at it. For example, those that experience a lot of rain should get something that is resistant to corrosion. You would not want it to succumb to rust in just a few years. See if the materials used are good for outdoor use. As for those that get strong winds, finding an extremely rugged pole is crucial so there won’t be any worries about breakage and collapse. Most of these products are quite thin to make them aerodynamic.
3. Height and Hooks
The height of the poles is crucial as you want it to be optimal for several different factors. First is the height of the owner who will have to refill and clean the bird feeders from time to time. Most recommend sticking to a pole height of 6 to 8 feet. Second is the preferred height of the birds you are trying to attract. Some species want to feed up high while others like it lower. If you would like to accommodate different varieties, then purchase a pole with multiple hooks set at different heights. Put the feeders and bird baths at their optimal locations.
4. Mounting Mechanism
Most of these poles are designed to have their lower ends buried under the ground. This makes them perfect for open areas like large backyards. There should be enough material underground to keep them steady even when hit with significant force. Be sure to place them where you can easily observe what’s happening. If you place poles far from the house, then set up a viewing deck with a telescope or binoculars. Some bird feeder poles are designed to go sideways with one end clamped to railings. This makes them more accessible. Just make sure that the clamp is secure so that it doesn’t fall down despite the weight being carried.
5. Stylish Design
A lot of these products are minimalist and utilitarian. There is nothing wrong with this as there are folks that do want to buy poles that will get the job done and nothing more. As a bonus, they often get to save money when opting for simplicity. However, some have greater aspirations for their purchases. They want the poles on their backyards to add style to their property and not be an eyesore. Indeed, there are plenty of designs that would go well with traditional architecture. They have such flair that some people use them for other decorative purposes, including hanging orchids or small potted plants in their gardens.
6. Squirrel Proofing
The feeders contain abundant servings of nuts, seeds, and other yummy treats designed to attract the birds. If you are in a good area and are patient enough to wait, then there is a good chance that you will be rewarded by a visit from feathered friends. The problem is that they are not the only ones interested in the food. Other animals may smell the presence of the treats and try to feed on them before the birds arrive. Squirrels are notorious for doing this. They climb the poles and ravage the feeders until everything is gone. If you want to prevent this, then look for poles with squirrel proofing designs.
Most of the time, you will get what you pay for. Be prepared to shell out serious money if you want serious quality from your pole. The good news is that these aren’t very complicated products so the prices are never truly out of reach. Only a handful exceed $100 while most are quite a bit cheaper. If you have simple needs, then perhaps there really is no need to spend more than a few bucks for a pole. You can get a cheap one and use the savings to purchase nice bird feeders. However, dedicated enthusiasts will probably want something that looks good and last long, which means spending a significant sum.
Types of Bird Feeder Poles
These products may be classified in different ways such as height and functionality. For example, there are small poles that are easy to install and maintain because of their accessibility. They usually attract small birds including finches and hummers. They are great for areas near patios and decks. Bird watchers can just relax in these spaces while waiting for their visitors to show up. They may stand between 3 to 6 feet and have several arms for the feeders. Taller poles, meanwhile, are there to attract birds who are used to high places. These are usually the larger ones which aren’t as quick, so they need to be far from the ground where predators might be lurking.
A number of different animals can get attracted to the food in the feeders. Aside from birds, squirrels, raccoons, and deer may also want to climb for a nice meal. It is hard to prevent them from doing so 24/7 so the design of the pole should help owners solve this problem. A baffle, often with a conical or cylindrical shape, is usually placed in the middle of the pole to catch these pests and prevent them from going up any further. Deer-proof poles tend to be as tall as 10 feet to keep the feeders safe. Owners can also help by making the pole slippery with oil, butter, or petroleum jelly.
Top Bird Feeder Pole Brands
A few brands stand out in this product category. For example Kettle Moraine offers a tall squirrel proof pole that has fours arms and a decorative flair. Meanwhile, Ashman has shepherd’s hooks that can be used for bird feeders, plants, or solar lights. Erva Tool & Die has a highly rated 4-arm pole that has a twist-in ground socket. This can be equipped with squirrel baffles purchased separately. The same brand has its own tall and decorative quad hanger that will look great in any garden. Be sure to balance the weight of the feeders and it will perform exceptionally well.
Average Feeder Pole Pricing
Feeder poles come in many different configuration, heights, and designs. Therefore, it should not be surprising if they also come in a range of prices. Simple ones might be selling for under $20 so the barrier to entry is low. Anyone who wants to add a pole to their garden can do so right away even with a small budget. For the premium poles, be ready to part with $100-$140 to get beautiful designs and quality materials. If you want something average, then $50-$70 should be able to get you a decent pole for bird feeding.
1. How tall should a bird feeder pole be?
The ideal pole height is dependent on the type of bird you want to attract. Smaller ones feed on the ground and are more comfortable approaching low feeders. Bigger ones like to stay and so the feeders should be positioned accordingly. You can buy a pole with hooks at the top and the middle for universal appeal. Places where there are deer and squirrels are prone to feeder attacks, so poles should be as tall as 10 feet with baffles to prevent unwanted climbers.
2. How do I keep squirrels from climbing my bird feeder pole?
Owners can deter squirrels by making the pole too slippery to climb. They can apply a liberal amount of petroleum along the length of the stick. Climbers will slide down no matter what they do. If the pole does not come with squirrel-proofing, a baffle can be installed using any suitable aftermarket product.
3. How do you hang a bird feeder on a deck?
If you wish to put a feeder on a deck, then get a pole that has a clamp on one end. Secure the clamp on the balustrades or railings. Test the sturdiness of the pole. Once you are confident of the setup, hang the feeder on the hook at the other end.
4. How do you make your own bird feeder pole?
You can make your own pole using any material that is thin, long, and strong like a metal pipe or rod. Wood may also be used if it is durable enough for outdoor use. This should be easier to work with since common tools can cut and shape wood. If you are not yet confident in your DIY skills, then opt for buying an off-the-shelf solution using this guide to selecting a bird feeder pole.